Trinity Baptist Church of Big Spring TX
    
Our History
(0 votes)
Add to favourites

Trinity Baptist Church was first organized on November 12th, 1931 with 20 charter members as the Missionary Baptist Church. The first Pastor was Horace Goodman, who served until January 31st, 1934. He was followed by Pastor George Burnside, who served from March 4th, 1934 until February 23rd, 1936.

 

In June of 1934, the church’s name was changed to the Fundamental Baptist Church. On March 25th, 1936, Ben Johnson was called as Pastor, but later declined, so Horace Goodman was again called. Bro. Goodman served as Pastor the second time from April 29th, 1936 until July 30th, 1939. The church then called Dr. Louis Entzminger as Pastor on August 17th, 1939. He accepted the pastorate but asked the church to call a Co-Pastor since he was also teaching at the Bible Baptist Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas at the time. That same day, Eugene Davis was called as Co-Pastor. Bro. Davis would later become the full-time Pastor.

 

On September 12th, 1941, the church’s name was changed to Trinity Baptist Church. After Eugene Davis, Roland King was called as Pastor, followed by E. Best. There are no records for the dates of their pastorates. In 1947, Marvin Clark was called as Pastor, and served until 1951. Jack Power was then called as Pastor and served from 1951 until 1965. It was then that the church called Dr. Claude Craven as Pastor who served from 1965 until his retirement at the end of 1992. On January 1st, 1993, the church called Dr. Randy Cotton, who faithfully served as Pastor until his retirement in March, 2016.  The church then called Scott Kirkland to be the Pastor on Easter Sunday, March 27, 2016.

 

The church has been in five different locations since its beginning. They first met at 1007 W. 3rd St. (sometimes referred to as the Mule Barn). The church then moved to 207 Goliad until the Tabernacle was built at 309 Benton St. In the late 1940s, the church bought some property at 810 E. 11th Place. Then in May 2000, the churched purchased a Furr’s Supermarket building and remodeled what was named the Claude Craven Annex, which expanded the property to include both the eight and nine hundred blocks of East 11th Place. As the church outgrew that property, in 2007, God opened a door for the purchase of the old K-mart building on the corner of FM 700 and Birdwell Ln. The church purchased the property, began remodeling it in 2008, and moved in on November 1st, 2009.  The church is now in the process of adding a new Gymnasium to their present location.

 

After over 80 years, Trinity Baptist Church still has a growing and vibrant congregation with a wide range of ministries, and a big heart for missions. We plan to continue serving our community as a local Fundamental New Testament Baptist Church until the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.


TAKE ACTION
   

IMPORTANT TIMES
Sunday School 9:45am - 11:00am
Sunday Worship Service 11:00am - 12:00pm
Sunday Evening Service 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Wednesday Service 7:00 - 8:00
STAY CONNECTED
   

CONTACT INFO
Trinity Baptist Church
1701 E. FM 700, Big Spring, Texas 79720
(432) 267-6344 - Contact Us Page
Church Website Login
This is the STAFF LOGIN area. If you have no website account, click the Pencil Icon link above to create one. Then, confirm your account through email. One of our admins will then confirm who you are and approve the account.